Monitoring your campaign’s performance on individual publishers is a great way to the boost the ROI of your campaigns. You may optimize upon your publisher sources via the Publisher/Section Reporting & Exclusion Feature of your dashboard. This will give you valuable insight on how your audience engages with your content, enabling you to maximize traffic from the most qualified sources.
Check out the quick walk-through video below.
When using this feature, you can narrow in on Publishers and Sections by campaign. or by the account as a whole.
To locate the Publisher/Section reporting, login to your account and select “By Publisher” or “By Section” from the drop down menu.
After adjusting the metrics and date range, a list of relevant publishers will be displayed beneath the data visualizer. Click the button next to the publisher name to exclude them from your entire account.
To achieve the best results, we recommend selectively excluding sections and publishers. For example, instead of blocking a publisher for the entire account, you should analyze the performance by section first, and exclude accordingly, for a specific campaign.
You can narrow in on publishers for a specific campaign in two ways:
1) Click on the campaign name first and then select “By Publisher” or “By Section” from the drop-down menu. From here, you can see all of the publishers that have recommended your content for that specific campaign.
2) Open up the campaign’s settings by clicking on the pencil icon next to the campaign name. Enter the name of the publisher you want to remove in the “Exclude Publishers and Sections” box.
Find out more on how to exclude publishers in bulk.
Important to Note
- A publisher will show as partially excluded if certain campaigns have excluded it or certain sections are removed.
- You can block up to 30 publishers account-wide and 100 sections per campaign
- Excluding too many publishers/sections may limit your potential reach and have a negative impact on your performance.
- If you choose to block a top performing publisher, we recommend increasing your CPC to compensate for the loss source of traffic.